I just learned that the State Farm Coding Competition is returning this fall.The Coding Competition is an opportunity for full-time college students to showcase their Java coding language proficiency, creativity and overall technical ingenuity, while competing for prizes. The event is sponsored by State Farm and hosted by Systems Workforce. The annual competition began in 2008. State Farm utilizes this event to promote itself as an IT company, while gaining an additional recruitment advantage at our target universities.
106 students have already signed up across 14 universities. This is a great opportunity to build your programming skills and compete against students from other schools.
- Registration is LIVE now at https://codingcompetition.statefarm.com/home
- The Coding Competition is being advertised during fall campus recruiting events at our target universities.
- The first round is an online coding competition scheduled Saturday, October 17, 2015 at 8:00PM CST – 11:59PM CST. During this round, students are tested on their Java programming language skills.
- The top four submissions that meet the criteria advance to the finals and win $800 prize.
- In addition to their $800 prize from the first round, the finalists receive an all-expense paid trip to Dallas, Texas and a chance to compete in the finals.
- The final round, scheduled Friday, November 13, 2015 @ CityLine in Dallas, gives the finalists a chance to engage with State Farm and compete in another coding challenge for the grand prize of $1,500.