DMH’s IT department has an urgent need for hands-on technology support staff. They are offering a one month paid internship opportunity for high school seniors and college students. Students will be able to earn money as well as an official DMH Certificate of Acknowledgment (COA). Students will be part of technology implementation that will revolutionize care for patients. Such COA’s can be used for admission to college, medical, dental, pharmacy, or nursing schools.
The job description is as follows:
Under guidance of our project leaders, the intern will be assigned to a team associated with the rollout of microcomputer equipment and peripherals. The intern will be responsible for installation and operation of PC software and hardware.
- Provides product support for all microcomputers and associated peripheral equipment.
- Installs and relocates microcomputer software and hardware.
- Communicates information to coworkers; refers problems appropriately; documents problems and resolutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are seeking candidates who have experience with installation and maintenance of microcomputers and peripherals.
Position will be temporary positions for period of 30 days with a workweek of day shifts, Monday through Friday. The hourly rate of $15.00 and these positions will be not be eligible for employee benefits.
To apply for this opportunity, please follow these instructions:
Interested applicants can apply at www.dmhhs.org. All candidates will be required to complete an application and interview process before job offers will be made. All qualified job offers will be subject to successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen / physical and background check.
This powerful opportunity to learn hospital business and acquire real life technology and healthcare experience will be a major college admissions experience booster. These positions will close fast – so please HURRY!!!!!
Dunn Co. is looking for an intern to assist/develop/manage our social media marketing efforts & provide support to the Sales/Estimating Team. This internship is a paid position.
The Dunn Co. intern is expected to have experience with social media on (at least) a personal level (business level is preferred). The individual must be able to think strategically and see how social media fits into Dunn Co.’s business’ marketing strategy, to build long-lasting relationships by providing value to them. Interns must be able to assist in formulating social media plans, and then carry them out (once approved). The individual must be able to measure and document the impact of social media, and then suggest action-steps to increase impact.
Interns will be performing the following tasks:
- Creating new profiles and pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
- Writing and posting blog posts/tweets/updates, etc.
- Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our business
- Replying to comments, messages, etc.
- Report findings to the team
- Ability create and upload Twitter & YouTube backgrounds, and minor video editing skills are a plus
Skills and attributes:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
- Be creative with an eye for design
- Knowledge of digital media software
- Knowledge of video editing software
- Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, etc.
- Willingness to create video blogs, write press releases, and Facebook posts daily
- Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence
- Ability to identify a target market and “speak” to that consumer through social media
- Experience proofreading and editing
- Ability to deal with uncertainty
- Ability to contribute individually, and participate in cross-functional teams
Sales/Estimating Support activities:
- Gather, calculate, and compile data for use in estimates under general supervision.
- Review maps, plans or other documents to assist in developing estimates.
- Review all exceptions, specifications, or questions with the appropriate Sales Consultant or Senior Estimator.
- Maintain documentation with accurate pricing and configurations.
- After customer acceptance, coordinate transition to the appropriate Project Leader per standard procedures.
Matt Naber| Sales Consultant | Dunn Company
724 North Mercer Street | Decatur, IL 62522 | 217.425.4405 (direct)