This Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) project is a ten week program where students work collaboratively on a wide variety of computational science projects.
The Center for Computation & Technology (CCT) at Louisiana State University (LSU) provides an ideal setting for the REU student to become familiar with interdisciplinary research. With research groups exploring gravitational waves, complex emergent phenomena in material science, or computational music, the participants work on cutting edge research in Computational Sciences.
The students learn how to use the most current cyberinfrastructure tools with individually designed training sessions targeted to their specific degree of preparation. In addition, since most CCT research groups collaborate with international researchers, REU students are exposed to how international collaborations work.
This program involves nine students every summer. Each student receives a stipend of $5,000, free housing in university dormitories, and up to $600 in travel expenses to and from Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
We invite interested students and their faculty mentor to browse through this site and consider applying for these positions.
- December 15, 2018: Application opens – Apply here.
- February 15, 2019: Application deadline.
- March 15, 2019: Notification of decision.
- May 20, 2019 through July 26, 2019: Program dates.
For REHSS Deadlines, please see the REHSS application page.
Students who are considering undergrad summer research or applying to graduate school might find the following links useful:
- For undergraduates: more than 650 paid Summer Undergrad Research Opportunities.
- For Financial Support in Graduate School: Bridge to the Doctorate, IGERT and NSF Grad Research Fellowship programs provide generous stipend and tuition support for students through the National Science Foundation.
- For NASA-supported internships, fellowships and scholarships